In addition to meeting the acute needs of our clients during times of conflict, our corporate practice integrates and delivers comprehensive legal services to organizations in all stages of development. Our experience gives us the ability to handle both typical and complex transactions for any size company. Our attorneys represent the firm’s clients with respect to all types and aspects of commercial transactions and business-related legal issues: mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships, private equity, venture capital, asset and real estate based financing, the formation of a business, the creation and maintenance of its corporate governance documents and the preparation of all commercial documents. We serve our corporate clients on an as needed basis and in some instances, we serve as outside general counsel – an efficient, cost effective way to deliver crucial ongoing services to our busy corporate clients.
Our attorneys have the expertise to assist all types of companies, from start-ups to multinational conglomerates, in meeting their day-to-day commercial and business needs. We are a full-service law firm, so when the perspective or expertise of lawyers with different legal skills and experience is required, we quickly access our colleagues in the firm’s other groups to create teams that provide full support and expertise in every aspect of our representation and get the best results for our clients – every time.
We provide strategic advice and technical assistance regarding all areas of corporate and business law for our clients, from initial organization through a variety of business transactions and ongoing legal matters, including:
- New and existing business organization and structural issues;
- Venture capital financing, including equity, debt and convertible debt tranches;
- Asset based financing and lending;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Franchise agreements;
- Internal investigation;
- Stock incentive plans;
- Compliance with federal and state securities laws;
- Compliance with state, federal and foreign tax laws;
- Corporate fiduciary duty issues, individual closely held business issues;
- Corporate succession planning;
- Closely held corporation issues;
- Contract negotiation; and
- Non-competition and non-solicitation issues.